Early Tuesday morning, my boyfriend and I flew to Arizona. We’ll be spending the holidays with his family… that I’ve never met. I was incredibly nervous to meet them all; especially considering I’d be staying with them for 3 weeks. So far, it’s gone better than I could have hoped for. Even though his mom doesn’t speak English (and I don’t speak Spanish), we seem to be getting along. I think she likes me. There are lots of hugs and smiles and she refers to me as “her baby”. So, it all looks good.
Anyways, here are my High Five For Friday for the week.
1. The Family Isn’t Insane. Like I said, everyone appears to be pretty cool. We don’t have any personality conflicts and I haven’t made too much of an ass out of myself. That’s all I could ask for.
2. Arizona is actually gorgeous. So I was dead set on disliking Arizona. I was born and raised in Michigan. I love my green trees and Great Lakes. Arizona is the complete opposite. But it’s breath taking in its own way. We’re going hiking later today and I cannot wait to get closer to the mountains.
3. I had my Schlotzsky’s. Why I was little, I loved schlotzsky’s. It was my favorite place to eat. But the person who owned all the schlotzsky’s in my area went bankrupt and they all closed. However, there is one right down the street from my boyfriend’s parents house. He was kind enough to take me there yesterday. I’ll admit, it’s not as awesome as I remember. They’ve changed a lot. The menu is smaller and they even ditched my beloved slogan, “funny name, serious sandwich”. But still, I was happy to go.
4. Sports Filled Weekend. So I’m going to cheat a bit here. I’m going to an ASU game on Saturday, and I’m excited. My boyfriend went there for undergrad and he’s a huge Sun Devils fan. I’m looking forward to experiencing it. And then for Christmas, I bought us Cardinals tickets for the Sunday Night Football Game. Apparently this was a fantastic gift, because Ivan won’t stop talking about it. He says “it’s the most important Cardinals game in years”. I can’t tell you if that’s true or not, but he’s excited, so I am too. It will be my first NFL game.
5. Mama Gonzalez has been cooking up a storm. My boyfriends mom is an amazing cook. She’s been asking me what I want for dinner every night and I’ve been eating my weight in food. If we ever moved here, I’d balloon up in a heartbeat.
Today I am linking up with: